Skip to main content

Epic & "The Rankin Family and Dick"

I constantly find myself striving to do something elaborate. I stay awake at night, I daydream, always about the extraordinary, the grandeur, the big bang. I seem to live, not by the saying "go big or go home" just by the "go big". In my short 20 years on this earth (year 0 counts bitch!) me along with my trusty companions have gone through some pretty crazy times...

It all starts with my bright eyed dream, from when I was around 7, to stay up all night on Christmas Eve and confront Santa. I spent weeks planning this adventure. I saved up a bunch of my Halloween candy, filled water bottles up with coke, spent a dollar in pennies on a can of Jolt Cola, and hid many an action figure under my pillow. I had it all planned out. The second my unsuspecting parents turned off the light and shut the door, little old me scrunched up my face, counted to 10 "Mississippi's" than silently rolled out of bed, my feet landing with a dull thud on the carpeted hardwood. Stage 1: Complete.

I knew my surroundings like the back of my hand, and lucky I did too. There were many booby traps lying around that night, all harder to see when the light switch pointed down. During my planning I had expected more moonlight, but since this was the real deal and not another practice run I had to deal with it. Because of my daily missions, whether to slay dragons, to hunt wizards, or to find ghosts I knew to skip the creaky places around the dresser that might tip off the evil king or worse, my parents. I put down a blanket to warm up the sound of my slippers tapping the cold floor and sliding on my stomach over the cloth I made my way to the desk against the wall. Reaching my pudgy hand under the furniture I found the treasure I had been seeking; Month old Slim Jim's, sour keys, fun sized candy, all the sleep-busting sugar I needed to complete my mission. Stage 2: Dunzo.

ZOOOOOPPPP(that's the sound of flash forwarding) 2am by now and little old me hasn't heard a whisper of Santa. Empty pepperette wrappers and various candy remains litter the floor around me, and the blanket on the floor never felt so comfortable. Now that the action figures have evacuated the formerly bloody battlefield that is my pillow, my head gently rolls from the hot side to the cool side. Only a few more hours, only a few more hours.

Stage 3: ZzZzZzz.

I blame most of my antics later on in life on my failure to accomplish this mission and even today I've never confronted Santa.

Anyway because today was an "ice day" where I was stuck inside and couldn't drive to school I leave you with 3.5 snippets.

Tscrub(don't ask): Man, any upbeat fast song by the Rankin family is awesome.
Me: What did you just say?
Tscrub: Maybe I should just embrace my homosexuality now.
Me: You definitely should.
TS: Maybe dick is an acquired taste... Your thoughts?
Me: Dude, you know I'm using that in my blog right?
TS: Just attribute it to me, "the Rankin family and dick"

Rach: ...and I'm doin' my hair in cornrows tonight!
Me: Why would a good looking girl want to do that to herself?
Rach: Your SO rude Nick, it's gonna' look ballin!
Me: So you agree with me, your gonna go from a cutie to Jim Jones in one smooth motion.
Rach(laughing):Your a jerk you know that.

These next 2 take place on a guys night out with 2 of my best buds Andy and Ian.

Cute Greeter Girl: Hey guys! Table for 3? Sorry it's going to be a 20 minute wait.
Andy: Guys Let's just go
Me: I guess.
(as we're walking out the front doors)
Ian: A 3 HOUR WAIT! F-that
Random guy in line: A 3 hour wait! Screw that, lets leave

Andy: Wow, it's like empty in this place.
Server girl: You guys ready to order? Not yet? OK I'll be back.
Ian: I'd do her.
Me: Yeah man, she's pretty cute.
Andy: Ye.
Me: I'm not a huge fan of the piercing on the face though, It only looks good on like some girls.
Ian: She had a piercing on her face?
Andy: Haha. Man what the hell were you looking at?
Ian: I think we can all answer that question.
Server lady who definitely has a piercing on her face: So, You guys ready?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Giving Away A Free Hat To The First Person To Comment On This Post!

Ok so for the past while now I've been working on a clothing project. Since I was a young boy I've been doodling a familiar phrase on the back of my notebooks while sitting in class, writing the same thing in different ways to impress girls, or just because I was sick of what the teacher was nagging me about in high school. I would sketch-out the phrase, add additional designs too it; sharp flames around the "O"'s or blue waves around the edges, then try and make a cute girl notice my artwork as a way to catch some of her attention that may otherwise be saved for a young male far more dapper than my teenaged self. Recently I found myself without a job and while interviewing I had to come up with a good answer to the clichéd question the person across the table often asks "What's your greatest weakness?" and WHAM! there I was the same nervous teen, scrambling to find an answer to impress someone enough to consider me for a position. Rather tha

What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Wants, What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Woman Needs

So much for my goal of writing a new piece every month... As always if I'm not providing you with enough reading material for your cellphone or content for during the morning commute please let me know and at the absolute very least I'll tell you to screw off one to one :) Anyways, in honour of the International Women in Music summit tomorrow I've become inspired by the wildly dramatic and often talked on differences between men and women. The fact that what is widely considered a materialistic and sham holiday celebrating couples love for one another is taking place at the initial point of writing this post only confirms that my topic today will be what varies between the two genders people start their lives out as on this earth. Now I've often been quoted saying that the female gender is the far superior sex, but it has never been clearer to me how true that statement really is. Men, a concept clearly with origins from Mars, are often considered generally ph

A Lousy Date With Superman

Here are some words that made their way out of the tips of my fingers and found themselves splattered onto the page arranged in a somewhat poetic fashion. A Lousy Date With Superman Big girl boots for a grown man's world Last year's fashion bought for her by someone else on sale While walking around the mall looking for Superman, Or atleast some boy of wonder to fly on in through the window and rescue her belief Of a colourful world where there's men made of steel ready to give her everything she thinks that loves supposed to be Educated only by rom coms and playlists from her Iphone She Spends all Friday night sitting in her room at home alone Daydreaming by moonlight of a superhero changing in the photobooth She's not sure exactly who it is she's dreaming of Will our caped crusader be next year's valentine? Will Clark Kent have heart shaped tattoo that reads "will you be mine"? Uh Oh! Looks like this poem is out of rhymes