Skip to main content

What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Wants, What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Woman Needs

So much for my goal of writing a new piece every month...

As always if I'm not providing you with enough reading material for your cellphone or content for during the morning commute please let me know and at the absolute very least I'll tell you to screw off one to one :)

Anyways, in honour of the International Women in Music summit tomorrow I've become inspired by the wildly dramatic and often talked on differences between men and women.

The fact that what is widely considered a materialistic and sham holiday celebrating couples love for one another is taking place at the initial point of writing this post only confirms that my topic today will be what varies between the two genders people start their lives out as on this earth.

Now I've often been quoted saying that the female gender is the far superior sex, but it has never been clearer to me how true that statement really is.

Men, a concept clearly with origins from Mars, are often considered generally physically stronger, built taller, wider and all around more rugged then women, but lack the grace and poise that the moons of Venus granted their paramour gender.

Women (and I mean actual women, not the little girls who don't know to bring flats with them for their purse when they know they'll be standing for hours) have to deal with the same daily annoyances that men have to go through.

They have to wait in the long line when they forget that it's seniors day at the local pharmacy, they have to be patient when the guy in front of them at the drive through orders a well done sirloin steak and they only wanted a coffee to go.

They have to deal with it when the person behind the counter puts pickles on their submarine sandwich even though they explicitly said no pickles. They have to deal with it when the guy at the stoplight who doesn't go when the light turns green and oh-my-god-it's-a-fucking-turnlane-use-your-fucking-signal-Mercedes!

...

But women also have to do so with this increased connection to the ground we walk upon and the moon that orbits it.

They have to do so while inherently in some moderation of pain for a portion of their fortnights. They have to do so with the superpower that's exclusive to those born with the X chromosome only, and that's the ability to carry another human in their womb, bring it to life, and then nurture it's existence for the rest of their life (or at least until they want to move out of the basement).

No amount of gratitude can express a mother's love for their child. There is no possible way to explain how it feels to bring new life into this world and without women that literally would not be possible.

On that note I'd like to thank all the women in my life for helping me get this far along. I know there's still a long road ahead of me but please know that I don't take you for granted for one second and I understand how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many incredible people of the female gender.

A toast to women!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Giving Away A Free Hat To The First Person To Comment On This Post!

Ok so for the past while now I've been working on a clothing project. Since I was a young boy I've been doodling a familiar phrase on the back of my notebooks while sitting in class, writing the same thing in different ways to impress girls, or just because I was sick of what the teacher was nagging me about in high school. I would sketch-out the phrase, add additional designs too it; sharp flames around the "O"'s or blue waves around the edges, then try and make a cute girl notice my artwork as a way to catch some of her attention that may otherwise be saved for a young male far more dapper than my teenaged self. Recently I found myself without a job and while interviewing I had to come up with a good answer to the clichéd question the person across the table often asks "What's your greatest weakness?" and WHAM! there I was the same nervous teen, scrambling to find an answer to impress someone enough to consider me for a position. Rather tha

A Brief Study on the Practical Applications of the Tim Horton's "Tim Biebs" Merchandise Line: A Short Conversation on Race

Well folks it has been 4 years since the last time the world was graced with one of these posts so why the fuck not once again, take another shot at getting you to read something. As has been continually repeated it seems I am only doing this for my own amusement, so it feels about right to document the passage of time with some fragment of an update. Now that we are living in such a constantly rapid 24 hour news cycle where even our own personal social connections are sending live updates of pretending to be happy while they enjoy whatever current meaningless task takes up their days simultaneously feeling the need to tell everyone about it, because a blog post just seems even less relevant than it was in April of 2018 when I offered to give away a piece of clothing to the first person to comment on my last blog post. (Update: Congratulations to a fellow author of actual stories and not just ramblings, and long-time friend on finally winning a free hat 4.5 years later. Check her out,