Skip to main content

What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Wants, What A G̶i̶r̶l̶ Woman Needs

So much for my goal of writing a new piece every month...

As always if I'm not providing you with enough reading material for your cellphone or content for during the morning commute please let me know and at the absolute very least I'll tell you to screw off one to one :)

Anyways, in honour of the International Women in Music summit tomorrow I've become inspired by the wildly dramatic and often talked on differences between men and women.

The fact that what is widely considered a materialistic and sham holiday celebrating couples love for one another is taking place at the initial point of writing this post only confirms that my topic today will be what varies between the two genders people start their lives out as on this earth.

Now I've often been quoted saying that the female gender is the far superior sex, but it has never been clearer to me how true that statement really is.

Men, a concept clearly with origins from Mars, are often considered generally physically stronger, built taller, wider and all around more rugged then women, but lack the grace and poise that the moons of Venus granted their paramour gender.

Women (and I mean actual women, not the little girls who don't know to bring flats with them for their purse when they know they'll be standing for hours) have to deal with the same daily annoyances that men have to go through.

They have to wait in the long line when they forget that it's seniors day at the local pharmacy, they have to be patient when the guy in front of them at the drive through orders a well done sirloin steak and they only wanted a coffee to go.

They have to deal with it when the person behind the counter puts pickles on their submarine sandwich even though they explicitly said no pickles. They have to deal with it when the guy at the stoplight who doesn't go when the light turns green and oh-my-god-it's-a-fucking-turnlane-use-your-fucking-signal-Mercedes!

...

But women also have to do so with this increased connection to the ground we walk upon and the moon that orbits it.

They have to do so while inherently in some moderation of pain for a portion of their fortnights. They have to do so with the superpower that's exclusive to those born with the X chromosome only, and that's the ability to carry another human in their womb, bring it to life, and then nurture it's existence for the rest of their life (or at least until they want to move out of the basement).

No amount of gratitude can express a mother's love for their child. There is no possible way to explain how it feels to bring new life into this world and without women that literally would not be possible.

On that note I'd like to thank all the women in my life for helping me get this far along. I know there's still a long road ahead of me but please know that I don't take you for granted for one second and I understand how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many incredible people of the female gender.

A toast to women!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Giving Away A Free Hat To The First Person To Comment On This Post!

Ok so for the past while now I've been working on a clothing project. Since I was a young boy I've been doodling a familiar phrase on the back of my notebooks while sitting in class, writing the same thing in different ways to impress girls, or just because I was sick of what the teacher was nagging me about in high school. I would sketch-out the phrase, add additional designs too it; sharp flames around the "O"'s or blue waves around the edges, then try and make a cute girl notice my artwork as a way to catch some of her attention that may otherwise be saved for a young male far more dapper than my teenaged self. Recently I found myself without a job and while interviewing I had to come up with a good answer to the clichéd question the person across the table often asks "What's your greatest weakness?" and WHAM! there I was the same nervous teen, scrambling to find an answer to impress someone enough to consider me for a position. Rather tha...

One Night In Brantford: The Post-College Party

Today is a rough day. I won't sugarcoat it, I'm hungover. Very hungover. Yesterday I made a 40 minute roadtrip down to Brantford to meet my buddy Mike, and see a few local bands. After the little mini- roadtrip, and hours of dicking around in the hicktown that is Brantford , we finally made our way over to the venue. Jay's Place is an above average venue for local rock shows, especially for a small city. Cafeteria tables and chairs carefully decorated with varying amounts of penned graffiti and "soandso was here" carvings surround the outside of the large hall. With a moderately sized stage on one end, semi-clean washrooms, and a kitchen bar on the other, the place seems to be a quality hangout for the music-scene regulars in the town. Me and Mike show up and pay our cover as the 2n d band is finishing their set. Oh, I almost forgot another strong point about Jay's; It's convenient location is within drunken pissing distance from the towns largest l...

Working Out With Your Eyes Closed

Recently I've been working in a new treadmill(well new to me), and I've found myself following into a horrible habit of closing my eyes while I'm running. I'm not talking about blinking or flapping my eyelashes, but instead consciously maintaining my eyes shut while the machine absentmindedly changes speeds and I now begin to jog on the hamster wheel made human sized. As someone who is usually completely aware of my surroundings, this 40 minute timeframe that I've set out of my day to conduct my cardio isn't one where I particularly think my eyes should be closed for any purpose. During the ticking seconds to minutes that I spend in the gym, I am aware of a lot of different things while standing in the single lonely and small room conducting my usual fitness routine. I'm aware of the illuminated numbers in front of me displaying the unfortunate fact that although the treadmill's pulse detection system isn't even able to pickup my heart rate d...