Skip to main content

A Lousy Date With Superman

Here are some words that made their way out of the tips of my fingers and found themselves splattered onto the page arranged in a somewhat poetic fashion.

A Lousy Date With Superman

Big girl boots for a grown man's world
Last year's fashion bought for her by someone else on sale

While walking around the mall looking for Superman,
Or atleast some boy of wonder to fly on in through the window and rescue her belief

Of a colourful world where there's men made of steel ready to give her everything she thinks that loves supposed to be

Educated only by rom coms and playlists from her Iphone
She Spends all Friday night sitting in her room at home alone

Daydreaming by moonlight of a superhero changing in the photobooth

She's not sure exactly who it is she's dreaming of

Will our caped crusader be next year's valentine?

Will Clark Kent have heart shaped tattoo that reads "will you be mine"?

Uh Oh! Looks like this poem is out of rhymes

Too find out more you'll have to stay tuned

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Giving Away A Free Hat To The First Person To Comment On This Post!

Ok so for the past while now I've been working on a clothing project. Since I was a young boy I've been doodling a familiar phrase on the back of my notebooks while sitting in class, writing the same thing in different ways to impress girls, or just because I was sick of what the teacher was nagging me about in high school. I would sketch-out the phrase, add additional designs too it; sharp flames around the "O"'s or blue waves around the edges, then try and make a cute girl notice my artwork as a way to catch some of her attention that may otherwise be saved for a young male far more dapper than my teenaged self. Recently I found myself without a job and while interviewing I had to come up with a good answer to the clichéd question the person across the table often asks "What's your greatest weakness?" and WHAM! there I was the same nervous teen, scrambling to find an answer to impress someone enough to consider me for a position. Rather tha...

One Night In Brantford: The Post-College Party

Today is a rough day. I won't sugarcoat it, I'm hungover. Very hungover. Yesterday I made a 40 minute roadtrip down to Brantford to meet my buddy Mike, and see a few local bands. After the little mini- roadtrip, and hours of dicking around in the hicktown that is Brantford , we finally made our way over to the venue. Jay's Place is an above average venue for local rock shows, especially for a small city. Cafeteria tables and chairs carefully decorated with varying amounts of penned graffiti and "soandso was here" carvings surround the outside of the large hall. With a moderately sized stage on one end, semi-clean washrooms, and a kitchen bar on the other, the place seems to be a quality hangout for the music-scene regulars in the town. Me and Mike show up and pay our cover as the 2n d band is finishing their set. Oh, I almost forgot another strong point about Jay's; It's convenient location is within drunken pissing distance from the towns largest l...

Working Out With Your Eyes Closed

Recently I've been working in a new treadmill(well new to me), and I've found myself following into a horrible habit of closing my eyes while I'm running. I'm not talking about blinking or flapping my eyelashes, but instead consciously maintaining my eyes shut while the machine absentmindedly changes speeds and I now begin to jog on the hamster wheel made human sized. As someone who is usually completely aware of my surroundings, this 40 minute timeframe that I've set out of my day to conduct my cardio isn't one where I particularly think my eyes should be closed for any purpose. During the ticking seconds to minutes that I spend in the gym, I am aware of a lot of different things while standing in the single lonely and small room conducting my usual fitness routine. I'm aware of the illuminated numbers in front of me displaying the unfortunate fact that although the treadmill's pulse detection system isn't even able to pickup my heart rate d...